So I was running Visual Studio 2008 on my new laptop, which runs Vista, and when I created a brand new web site, when I tried to run it, I got the following error message:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Ack! What could be wrong. Well, after a little internet searching, I found the cause and the solution, which was buried just a little bit under someone else's cause and solution.
Here's the link and an excerpt:
"My solution was removing the next line in the windows host file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
This is an IpV6 entry. Put a # in front of it."
What caused my problem was the ::1 entry in the host file. Once I commented that out, all was right with the world again. I didn't have to do anything else (I wasn't even running that antivirus that the other guy was complaining about).
Good stuff. Thanks, Arien!