Tuesday, April 25, 2006

SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 1

Microsoft released SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 1 and I am happy to say that it installed on each of my environments (DEV, QA, and Production) fairly smoothly (with one exception, more on that in a sec). I have been running it now for a few days and everything seems smoother, faster even!

The one big fix I was looking for was the fix to SSID jobs that moved SQL Server tables as SQL Server Objects, but dropped the IDENTITY property of the PK column. Yikes!

Well, thanks to SP1, that's been fixed.

As for the SP1 install glitch, watch out for an error that says it can't access files in C:\Program Files. I found that even though I was logged in as the Administrator, I had to reset privileges on this directory and everything beneath it in order to get SP1 to install successfully.

Happy Patching!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CB6C71EA-D649-47FF-9176-E7CAC58FD4BC&displaylang=en

No comments: